Wednesday, November 5, 2008

a little bit of black

it seems timely that the topic of this post happened this historic day.

i've been having trouble staying awake at night.  usually, i would have dinner and then i almost immediately fall asleep.  i would intend to nap for a few hours and wake up around midnight and resume reading.  i would wake up at 3am, go to the gym by 5:15 and prep for another workday.

in short, i have been unsuccessful with my mission.

and so i asked a couple of my kids on how to stay up at night.

here's how that conversation went :

me :  guys, do you have any tips on how to stay up late?
B :  why?
me :  because after dinner, all i do is sleep.
M  :  so?
me:  i need to study.  what happens is, right after i eat, i would fall asleep.
B  :  you got niggavitis?
me :  what?
B  :  you got niggavitis.   a black people sickness. we eat a lot, then it's ovah.  we out.
        you got a little bit of black in you, ms. b.

me :  too speechless

not that this gives them a pass, but my kids are black.

did i tell you i love my job? 
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious. Your kids are very creative.