Thursday, November 15, 2007

black and blue, but still standing and smiling

black and blue by edie brickell and the new bohemians

i am running on three hours of sleep and probably half a gallon of coffee. i should really meet up with morpheus after posting this.

i went to my public library on my lunch break yesterday. i was so excited to go there and get a copy of fairy tales from c's side of the world. but of course durga the dork had to borrow fairy tales from poland, ireland and the philippines as well. on my way down the stairs i lost my balance. books went flying in all directions and even my red shoes escaped my feet. luckily i was able to break my fall, but my poor right knee and my shins took all the brunt.

it would've been funny, but i was in so much pain i couldn't laugh at myself. i went back to school, got an ice pack from the nurse and sulked at karen's room. K was so sweet because she noticed that my uppler lip was a mile long and i was cursing myself under my breath. her kids were amused at my misery, probably because they have not seen this sulky side of me.

i went to 9th period to assist C and then i got called on the school's PA by the principal.

great.

what did i do now?

i limped my way to the principal's office. my brows were in a frezy knot. i was trying to think if i yelled at a kid earlier in the day. i know i didn't. what could mr. p want from me.

well whoppee doo! it seems i might be back in my old school after all. they are still ironing out the kinks with the HR people, but here's hoping i would be back by the second trimester.

i was so happy at this development that i practically skipped my way back to 9th period.

i was so overwhelmed by this news that i cried as i drove my way to tutoring with richard and olivia.

i literally forgot i had three gigantic bruises on my legs.


btw, i am trying to learn how to speak polish. next week, i'll try to learn arabic for my new student's sake.


noo-ni-noo-ni-noo.

2 comments:

pinkfish said...

hmmmm.....Polish...
: )

malatemail said...

jop may i just say - you look fabulous these days! and i'm inspired to pick up on my blogging, too. =)