Monday, March 30, 2009

like a deer in headlights

yesterday, in the midst of two major grad school projects, i prepped myself for church. this timei went solo, as Z is in his own house. so i got to church early enough to get a parking spot on the street.

as usual, it was a great service. i had thought of joining the church's theater ministry, but with this week's sched, and with my looming midnight deadline, i couldn't stay another hour in church (our service lasts about 2- 2 1/2 hours).

i made my way out as inconspicuously as i could. i got to bruce and was about to open the door when one of my church mates called out. i don't know many of the members yet because i am pretty new, but i have seen this guy before and he even sat next to me once. anyway, he came nearer and asked me for my number. i thought "oh well, maybe he was the one assigned to get to know me since I signed up to become a new member of the church. so i wrote down my name and number on the piece of paper that he provided. then he asked for my address. he said he wants to send postcards to his friends. so, okay, i wrote that down too. he kept on talking and talking about his vacation (which was on august) so I started feeling a bit strange. So i told him I'm gonna go already and then he went on about how he wanted to tell me how pretty i looked, this, that and the other thing.



this is me : (eyes getting bigger by the millisecond, a look of panic and discomfort on my face)

uhm. okay, thanks. that's nice. God bless you.

what got to me was how i reacted. i was totally rooted on the spot, and i couldn't even think of something funny to say.

i was blushing scarlet my entire ride home.

i got so shaken up, i called the boyfriend right away, via Skype video chat of course...



Z: next time ask him for his number and tell him your boyfriend wants to have beer with him.


sigh. guys.


okay, siempre na flatter naman ako, pero hello sa simbahan ba?!

1 comment: