Tuesday, March 24, 2009

springing in

and now it's spring. it has been quite a long winter and i have had enough of it, honestly.

incidentally, spring also marks the last and third trimester of this school year. i am teaching writing strategies to my high school classes and we are well under way into finishing their 5 paragraph essays. if you ask me, i am a bit impatient or unsatisfied with the slow pace and the decrease in the material that we have covered in class, but it's okay. as long as the learning is going on, quantity should take a backseat over quality.

as for grad school, i really shouldn't be spending my time blogging as i have two major requirements due this weekend. ahhh, the procrastinator in me. it's amazing that it's already month 6 of my program. i'm halfway, baby!!!

and for the cherry on top -- i found me a church. i've been going to this church for several weeks now, and let me tell you, it just keeps getting better. i feel energized and inspired going to, being in, and leaving church every sunday. and through the week, i catch myself reviewing in my head the sermon of our highly energetic, entertaining, and humorous pastor. i am grateful that God led me to this place that I can worship and share prayers with fellow Christians. Z has gone to a couple of services and PJ also visited when she came over two weeks ago. i am thinking of volunteering my services and energy to their theater ministry.

health wise, i am enjoying spin classes in my gym. i wish i can discipline myself to stop eating so much. i have gained a few pounds and i am psyching myself for bikini season in the summer to motivate me enough to burn as much fat as possible. i've been on the fat zone and i do not want to go back to that, not if i can help.

i went to my first beer-fest in Atlantic City last weekend. i had fun, but going to the bathroom for a pee break was such a hassle. a drunk little irish lady told me to wear "depend" next year.

i'll post pictures as soon as beer david sends them my way.

let me get my butt back to work now,

No comments: