Thursday, February 26, 2009

gym face

i've been going to my real gym for more than a month now, and it amuses me to note how rich in wiritng material possibilities this place is.

before i got serious in changing my lifestyle, i went to an all women's gym. the arrangement worked out pretty well, but i foud myself looking for a more rigorous workout.

cut to my NYSC. this gym is serious. for a considerable amount of money, i signed up and decided to make my membership really work. i was excited to go to all the different classes i wanted to go, i like the machines, and hopefully, i can muster the courage to use the weights too.

my eagerness and happiness was put off balance for a while when i have observed the dynamics between men and women in the gym. man! my gym seems to be a hook-up place!i felt so self conscious for a while. i guess i was real slow at catching up. the deal breaker came when, in one of my dorky moods, i donned my charcoal colored aquaman t-shirt and my usual workout pants and sneakers. some snotty ladies in the lockers gave me disapproving looks. hey i didn't really come to the gym to make "porma" no! when i got to the main floor, some of the guys gave their initial once over looks and then proceeded to go on their business.

i looked at the women in the gym and realized how well dressed and well made-up the majority of them are. i almost fell off my stationary bike at my discovery.

the more i paid attention, the more things became clearer to me. a lot of these women actually put on make-up before working out. wow. they wear cute, coordinated sporty outfits and --- push up sports bra.

jane told me not to go overboard, but it may be a good idea to choose cuter and more feminine workout clothes in the future.

and that i did.

no worries, i still don't put on make-up before i work out.

No comments: