Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation Bible School

i just came from day 1 of vacation bible school at my church. i volunteered to help out, but ended up being one of the teachers since, hey, i do it for a living. :)

it's a new adventure, to say the least. i feel weird being there being a teacher and all, when i know i have a lot of learning to do when it comes to the bible. but y heart is in the right place. it was a joy to see little ones so enthusiastic to participate as romans, visiting Paul and the underground church.

i have the oldest kids, and because there were only two in my class, it was pretty easy. what caught my heart were the pre-K kids. they are so cute. i want to take one home.

during the drama part where we visited Paul in his prison cell, i felt a tear fall on my face. i remember Sunday school and for a second, i was reminded of my young self, sitting in class, listening to my sunday school teacher, basking in the wonders of Jesus' love for us. I thank my mom's family for instilling the value of worship at an early age. it faded during my smart ass/angsty stage, but when I reunited with Jesus, I felt i had that in me all along.

as i looked at the innocent faces of those children, the yearning to have one of my own became clear. if God sees it fit to bless me with a child, i know where i can raise him/her.

for now, it would be my joy to spend time with the little ones, and hear what they have to say.

No comments: