Friday, January 4, 2008

First Friday

music : back on the chain gang by the pretenders

and so it is, two days into my new gig as a high school english teacher, i am at a loss with how to get my "kids" to work. i never said it was going to be easy teaching these kids, but then my friends will tell you, i don't always go for what's easy. noo-ni-noo-ni-noo. if i can't beat my hyper kids, i'll join 'em. this means i might have to take an early trip to dunkin donuts and get a double shot of espresso to make it through the day. hrrrr.


the high school has been fine so far. on the first day the asst. principal already hooked me up with my classroom key and id so i can have access to the building. i like that i have my own designated parking spot. my classroom needs a little touch of jane, but i'll get there.

for now, i have to bury my head in making writing packets for edgar allan poe's cask of amontillado.

teacher durga is ready with her props : my EA Poe action figure, pictures of myself on my 2001 visit to his grave in baltimore, and a few books.

wish me luck on my show.

No comments: