Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my bruce : the little mazda that could

music : born to be wild

this picture was taken by chocnut on the first day of december, 2007. the first snowstorm. i dunno why i was smiling, but i posted this picture because this is how bruce looks like buried in snow.

this afternoon proved to be the worst bad driving day for me yet. i had to pick up O and R from their school -- which was nesltled on a hill. great.

so bruce and i crawled our way up. we passed by 2 lexus sedans, 1 mercedes SUV and a BMW sedan. You can just imagine my feelings as bruce and i trudged our way up the hill to pck up R and O. i got there soon enough but we have a couple more inclines to overcome. the traffic aides have advised me to turn around. and go where, watson? nuh-uh. i'm about 1/4 of a mile from their house, i'm not turning back now.
and so with the pep squad led by myself, richard and olivia we coaxed and cheered on my bruce as we inched our way past two inclines.

bruce : i think i can, i think i can

the traffic aides and onlookers were shaking their heads at first, but when we made it, i heard their hurrahs for my bruce.
my bruce may not be a luxury vehicle, but it's my own little engine that could.


No comments: