Sunday, February 24, 2008

of wheels and cycles

tomorrow, i go back to work after a restful week off. tomorrow, incidentally marks one year of when my life and world just came tumbling down last year. it started with my california trip, and things were never the same again.

yesterday Z (yes christina, i heard yah) and i went to a relationship seminar at times square church. it was a very promising and inspiring seminar which would benefit a lot of couples ans singles alike. i'm glad i went there.

i also cooked my first pasta dish in loooong time. i made a simple tuna-capers-anchovy tomato based sauce. z liked it, i did too. it was such a refreshing feeling to see such an appreciative face after preparing a simple enough dish. ang sarap ng feeling na may nag sasabi ng "wow! this is so nice" o di ba, nakalimutan ko na ang ganong feeling. usually it was my friends candy and norboert who would be my special guests for such meals, but now that they are on the other side of the country... i just might feed the atlantic city posse some pasta if i get bored.

moonshine has told me of peter walsh's book about living richly with less stuff and again, this is a win from moonshine. i am so psyched to purge my apartment, i am thinking of giving the term spring cleaning its real meaning. dut du-ruh-rhat... irona mode si inday


z finally figured out the reason behind his sleepiness here in my place. he said my place is poorly lit. when he found out i had 15 watt light bulbs he gave me his usual smile and roll of the eyes that said "i can't believe it." and so today at walgreens we got those energy saver bulbs and my dining area/living area just came to life. and i am awake at 12:30 in the morning.

march is just around the corner, a few more weeks and its our bahamas getaway.. screee!!!! i have approximately 4 weeks to wait before its warm enough to run again. career-in ba talaga ang prep sa beach bum getaway.

on more serious things. i just word from my mom who is in sydney right now helping out with my late aunt's family. she sounded quite sad, which is normal considering our loss. it's a good thing she has a great sense of humor. i got to speak to my 2 year old cousin. when i asked her where her mom is she said "she's in heaven." it seems quite surreal for me still. i am glad and blessed to have spoken to her before she passed. i am glad we were able to clear things between us.

i will say goodbye to my weekend and long week breaks with z as he begins his new job, i'll take this joffin time to restructure my home, organize my apartment, read my books, work out and visit old friends whom i have lost in touch for almost 6 years. talk my ears off the phone with family and friends. ladidadida.

cheers to a fruitful and pleasant week ahead!


No comments: