Saturday, February 9, 2008

trying get out of this funk

music : AC mix "sway" by bic runga

ah what a week it has been! i had parent-teacher conferences wednesday evening, and an observation with the boss lady on thursday. my kids are their usual hyper selves and i was, until yesterday a big ball of blah.

bless my moonshine for her heart. she can always tell me things in the nicest, most gentle of ways. when i want to beat myself up, i talk to her and i feel calm, collected and happy. i believe this is one of many unique things about her. thanks moonshine. because of your pep talk, i am inspired to make my whole apartment my very own post it board. tee-hee now i can put all my pens, markers and post its to good use.

i saw X today to discuss some important details of the big D. of course i felt a wee bit anxious at this meeting. how is one supposed to feel in seeing an ex-housemate and ex-spouse? but it was brief and good. no tears, no smart-ass comebacks. i suppose my mom (again) was right -- it gets easier.


V day is coming up. not that it really matters. i have not been a big romantic, moreso this year i suppose. this could've been my parents' 32nd wedding anniversary had they stuck together, but oh well. i'll be busy up to my neck with work this week. for one, i'll be playing surrogate mom to R and O with their parents away for 10 days. i know it'll be tiring, but it would be a refreshing break to spend time with my two cuties and just enjoy polite, witty conversations while they try to finish their homework.

i saw four movies the past two days. across the universe was the best i've seen. i saw good luck chuck, romancing the bride and wildhogs. just to pass idle time.

idle time begone is my new mantra. with moonshine's pep talk to fuel me, i have planned a full day tomorrow. bruce is spruced up for a drive to target and a visit to my favorite korean supermarket.

i've been missing C also, but with work i guess i'll see him the end of next week. (hooray winter break!!!) thank goodness for skype, it gets a little better. with our opposing work schedules, we usually catch each other in the early mornings. it's always a treat for me to wake up at 4 am with an offline message from him.


okay enough mush before i barf.

workout sessions have been good so far. 5 sessions this week, not bad. i'm going for 6 out of 6 next week. my nosy students have remarked that i must have a boyfriend because i've been unusually cheerful the past two weeks. i told them it's just exercise -- the endorphin kick is beneficial for me as much as for them. who wants to go to a class with a cranky teacher anyway?

i look forward to a busy but hopefully a productive week ahead. have a blessed one yourself dear reader.


1 comment:

Panaderos said...

Hi Jane,

I hope you're having a good weekend. How was Across The Universe? Did you enjoy the movie?

I don't mean to be nosy but I'm glad your meeting with the ex went ok. Take care of yourself.