Thursday, July 31, 2008

of denim jeans and what else? -- shoes

i haven't been blogging as often as i normally do. mostly because i've been glued to the tv watching TLC's jon and kate plus eight, what not to wear ; travel channel's china series and NYC channel's cool in your code, ladidadida.

i managed to break my slacking off in the exercise area. though i cut belly dancing class because i had started a monster load of laundry. but i have more than a month before school starts to whip me up in better shape. i went to a local park in my neighboring town. one round of the park is exactly 1.2 miles. i timed myself. i did one round in 20 minutes and on tuesday, i walked 3.6 miles. yey!
i like the landscape of the park, and instead of annoying me, the health freaks in that park actually motivated me to jog every 5 minutes or so.
i got together with cleo last night, we did some indoor walkathon -- in the mall. tsk tsk tsk.
nuff said.
let's just say that the shoe whore is happy once again.

okay okay, i have to spill a bit.

think patent.
peep toes.
3 inches.
sexay....



;and that's not all virginia...but i'll stop on that trip to the mall for now.

in other news, in the spirit of saving money, i thought of venturing into doing my own toe nails. and my beauty school teacher from the community school fanny and i went to, oh many many years ago must be so proud of me because i can now do a decent french pedi on my own toe-sies. a good skill to learn, french pedi, for a shoe-whore like moi.


doing two weeks worth of laundry made me face the reality that aside from being a shoe addict, i am also a denim jean addict as well. i am currently obsessed with skinny jeans.
never mind that my logs look like sossages. i like 'em.

forever 21 sells some inexpensive skinny jeans for $12.50. they have this nice black and dark blue wash.

but my fave so far is levi's 531 skinny jeans


unfortunately, i again did not listen to my friends' advice to get a pair of jeans that are snug when i try them on for the first time. my friend told me to get a size that lets out the muffin top because most jeans have Lycra or spandex in them anyway and will "expand" sooner or later. long story short, my lovely 531s are a bit big now. so i'm thinking of getting another pair for fall. and how many jeans to i have now, in total?
hmmm, 4 pairs of skinny (2 black, 2 dark blue)
1 pair flared
2 pairs of boot cut, mid rise
1 pair trouser jeans

not bad huh?
sadly, a stricter dress code has been imposed on us teachers starting september so it's bye bye jeans. sigh.

oh gee, lookit the time, it's eleven already and i've camp tomorrow. argh. my bed is littered with clothes again. thank goodness i have a big bed and can do the slide it to the side manuever and turn my back and ignore the mess move.

TGIF.
one more week of camp.
a sunday date.
noo-ni-noo-ni-noo.



p.s.

HOW CAN I FORGET?! THAT PINK PAIR OF NINE WEST SHOES THAT I SET MY EYES ON AS EARLY AS JANUARY?! I GOT IT FOR 65% OFFF. SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!

3 comments:

pinkfish said...

I love your pink shoes!!!!

Scoot said...

hi! i just started blogging and i love your posts!

jane said...

hello alena! i'm glad you enjoy reading my mostly self- indulgent and mindless posts about little things. i was hoping to read a blog of yours. thanks for visiting my site!