Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in less than 365 words

(inspired by Steve and Liza Hards)

It has been a year of blessings for me and my loved ones.

The last Sunday of January was a pivotal day in my life. I have come home to Jesus and I have accepted him as my Lord and savior. Things have never been the same again.

The rest of the winter months winded down with much warmth. With a new full-time job as a Special Ed English teacher at DMHS, indeed God has planned some new adventures for me.

The heart of Spring was celebrated with a reunion with my closest high school friends : Lubs, Candy, PJ and Aileen. We met in South Beach and enjoyed a girls only weekend cruise to the Bahamas.

A sweet reunion with my dear, dear pal Amy.

For my birthday, I learned how to ride a bike, thanks to my able and patient instructor, Zibee. Now my Bruce has a little two wheeled brother, Jack.

The summer months were spent playing with the wonderful kids fromEMS, the best summer camp in our side of the woods.

A chapter of my life was peacefully closed.

On August 26, a miracle was born to close friends, Steve and Liza.

September saw me welcoming a new batch of students in Room 236. It also gave me the opportunity to work with and get to know a sweet young lady, Victoria, and her loving family.
Richard and Olivia continue to amaze me.

I officially became a student at Full Sail University on October 2.

A visit from Diane that same month.

In November I met the first of Zibee’s family, Marek.

Meeting Marek paved the way to December…

And what a perfect way to end this blessed year -- Christmas with Zbyszek’s family in the Czech Republic.


I thank God for all the blessings that He showered on me. I thank God for my family, friends and students.

I welcome the new year holding the hand of the man who I hope and pray to be with me this year and beyond.




No comments: