Monday, January 26, 2009

vertigo-vanity

don't blow your nose too hard. you just might find everything in sight spinning like crazy. it would be nice if you were on a ride or something, but it isn't so when you're all alone in the bathroom at 6 in the morning.


i've been feeling under the weather since wednesday of last week. i thought it was just my allergy, so i didn't think anything of it. i forgtd on with my routine, even going to the boxing and kickboxing classes. by saturday morning i felt worse.
i woke up the usual 5 am and started my breakfast of cold oat bran and granola. being the impatient multitasker, i turned on the TV. but wait, i thought i could squeeze in one more thing. and so i went to the bathroom and decided to put on the avocado seaweed mask on my face. and so there i was masticating my breakfast, setting the green gunk on my face while i watch mtv3. somewhere in the middle of my breakfast i had the urge to blow my nose and i went to the bathroom.


i blew my nose and then everything went spining like a crazy spiral. i almost fell on the floor, but i grabbed on to the sink and closed my eyes real fast. dizzy. dizzy. scared. where's my phone? it's in my bedroom. too far. opened my eyes. everything spinning still. dizy. dizzy. dizzy. i felt cold and afraid.

after a few minutes i groped my way back to my bedroom and called up Z. what, no 911? what can the bf, who lives 130 miles away, do to help me? why didn't i call the ambulance?


because i had green gunk of my face, that's why. i didn't want to freak out the paramedics, nor do i want to be known as the girl who was so sick her face was green. as in ugly kangkong green.


Z would've come and played nurse, but he is sick too. so we just skypped most of the weekend, our two sick selves comforted that at least we can video chat between these chats i slept most of the weekend.


now i'm back in school and during my break i went to see the doctor. she says i have a virus that's been going around. she's seen several patients having the same symptoms. she didn't want to give me antibiotics right away so she said to just fight it off and wait 'til wednesday. if i don't feel better by then, i should call her again.

1 comment:

malatemail said...

grabe! you woke up at 5am - as usual! and the last post you said you woke up at 3:30 am (at excited pa). what time do you go to bed? last time i was there inaabot ka ng 12mn ha!