Wednesday, January 21, 2009

wistful wednesday

i am sitting here in my quiet classroom, being lulled to sleep by the hum of the heater. it is bright and sunny outside, but cold.

when i woke up at 3:30 AM, i was excited to go to work and welcome the kids to a new day, for this is the first day that our OIC sits in his office. a lot of teachers were moved to tears watching Mr. Obama take his oath. I fought them back because I didn't want my kids to make fun of me, but oh my heart swelled with pride and hope. On a personal level, this is the first time that I have prayed for the President of my country, and I prayed that Mr. Obama would always consult the number one Adviser up there in heaven, for this is the only way that our country can succeed.

on a lighter note, i've been watching the videos of my classmates and i am both amazed and amused by their creativity! one of my buddies interviewed max headroom. tee-hee. his video is hysterical.

on other developments, there are talks and whispers of a date to the altar. but baby steps dear reader, we're taking our time on this one. z is getting more and more nervous about the number of people who might make their way to our celebration, and for a quiet and shy guy like him, this is pretty daunting. i told him he's lucky we're not back home, tee-hee.

1 comment:

malatemail said...

hey joffin! guess who's blogging again! heheh. of course i was also praying for your president kahit i'm not american. i was so afraid that someone would try to kill him!