Friday, January 16, 2009

defrosting my behind

in this freezing temps can be a challenge, so i decided to post and chronicle the goings on the past few weeks.

grad school is still taking up a lot of my time. my classmates and teachers are the best part of school. i'm doing a course called corporate training and motivational development. so far we had to create a survey for a training class and produce a prodcast interview. i'm still a noob in imovie, but i can see its potential on my future projects. apple is really way better than PC.

in other news, eversince i packed on several pounds this hibernation season, i signed up for a year's membership at my local new york sports club. this gym kicks ass! it's the real deal. i can't wait to go ot my first kickboxing class tomorrow. i also signed up for a trial personal training session and i think that will be next week. meanwhile, to avoid looking like an idiot in the gym and avoid the risk of injury and permanent damage ot my morale, i just kept to using the elliptical cardio cross trainer. I went to my new gymfor the first time on wednesday and i went on this machine for 25 mins. when i woke up yesterday morning my lower body felt so sore. last night i went on it for 30 minutes, burning 310 calories, and boy i felt good. now my mindset is this "it takes half an hour of semi-misery on this machine" to burn that tiny bag of lil bites brownies i like to munch?

forget that. gimme some gum.

so far i've been doing the half hour workouts since monday, but i inted to go to curves in the morning fro my circuit training, and then go to NYSC for some evening cardio. we'll see how that plays up. i woke up at 5:45 this morning and believe me, that's late for me already. i didn't go to curves this morning, but i will go to NYSC after torturing R and O tonight.

i'm a zeytinia groupie. i think i go to this food store about twice a day. they have the best salad bar and they made me a big fan of soup. so far my fave has been the red cabbage salad, mushroom, chicken and asparagus salad as well as a little bit of avocado salad. yum. for soup, my faves are the shitake-tofu miso soup and their good ol' chicken noodle soup. did i mention their coffee trumps starbucks?

No comments: