Sunday, March 2, 2008

friendship marathon

PJ, my high school girlfriend sent me beautiful and inspiring ecard by max lucado, and it inspired to reconnect with my friends.well, a few of them anyway.

i did a lot of catching up with friends from the philippines yesterday. i should stock up on phone cards again. i know it is not so cheap to call the PI, but i love hearing the sound of their voices and their resonating laughter, plus i like to talk -- with full voice projection cherva.


stateside i got to chat with chocnut early yesterday. he is very excited to take photos with his new camera.
called up L, my college housemate. she hopes to visit the west coast in late march. she also hopes to swing by my coast for a brief visit. it's a long shot, but it would be awesome if we can see each other and i can at least give her a quick spin in the city. I called up T , my sis from comartsoc. then sis R was on a yahoo window, i called her up too. my very dear friend J and i caught up via YM, that was also very nice. her daughter, my niece A is going to be a freshman in high school come june. we may be separated by distance and time, but when we connect, it's as if we were never separated.
last evening i had the opportunity to speak with G, my ex brother-in-law's ex wife. my co "outlaw" it was great to speak with her. our phone conversation was punctuated with giggles, screams of delight, and a promise to stay close friends and sisters even outside of the family we got married into. i wish her all the best.

i went to bed almost 1 am, but i felt very happy. in my evening prayers i tried my best to include all of my dear friends and their loved ones. in passing i thought of those who fell off along the way. i suppose there are people who come in your life and stay, and those who just pass by. i forgot which friend or aunt said this, but she said something like, "there are friends for seasons and there are friends for life" i'm very blessed to have such wonderful friends who have stood the test of distance and time.

next week is another round of keeping in touch with friends near and far.



No comments: