Friday, March 14, 2008

pretty good week

before i doze off into the weekend....

1. my friend c lent me her cellphone. my samsung died on me. i have to bury it w/ the rest of my friends' phone numbers. gah.

2. my cousin kat will graduate as the valedictorian of st. scho this year. beauty and brains, this cuz of mine. la salle and ateneo granted her full scholarship. way to go. mana sa mommy!

3. my aunt grace celebrates her 51st birthday today.

4. got my new parpol cellphone today. can't decide whether to get yoda, optimus prime or the ramones as my ring tone. noo-ni-noo-ni-noo. poll anyone?

5. after a month of working out an average of 3x /week at curves, i could not dodge the dreaded measurement day. i didn't want to know my weight because i thought i gained. but oh by george, N our kooky receptionist laughed off my fear. according to her tape measure and trusty weighing scale.... i lost 3.5 lbs and another 5 inches. yey! thank goodness the inches that came off did not come from my girls (tee-hee).

6. in light of my sheer luck at losing weight, i made Z promise not give in when i crave for tiramisu every time i visit him. he told me he'll buy me baby carrots instead. how sweat. what am i., the easter bunny?

7. speaking of the easter bunny, i was at the mall with my friend cleo when we saw the easter bunny go down the escalator. i quickly remembered moonshine and how i wished she was there so together we can crack up and yell "YOU KNOW WHAT?! THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY!!!" mallrats. that kevin smith man, he's a classic.

8. today is the last day of the second trimester grading period. 3 1/2 months more of school. sigh.

9. went out to dinner w/ new bunch of friends at the high school. the ratio? 3 english teachers to two math teachers over italian dinner? fantastic.

10. one of my kids came to a serendipitous conclusion that from now on i should be called mulan. when i frowned at him after the whole class laughed and agreed he looked at me with a straight face and asked, "you choose ms. a, would you rather be mulan or pocahontas?"
nyemet na mga bata 'to oo.

11. one of my kids also told me that i am not supposed to wear red lipstick. he says it distracts him. i told him to go gouge his eyes out. of course he doesn't know what gouge means.


12. when one of my kids decide to pull the race card on me and complain about how they don't understand my english
, i told him that "i speak english, you speak american," that is why he can not understand me. ya digg?

13. that after a grueling week of not trying to pull my hair off, a nice stroll at the mall with a fellow window shopper is very very therapeutic.

14. it pays to have a friend go in with you to bloomingdales. it saves you from having that pretty woman moment when the snotty sales lady looked down on julia.

15. i bought a fabulous blue top for a penny. i swear. the very friendly saleslady at bloomies could not believe it herself when she saw the price at the register. after scanning the item two times (original pricwe $69, then w/ a 40%) the blouse came out to be only a penny. score!!!!






3 comments:

Panaderos said...

So how's the parpol cellphone? And what did you pick between Mulan and Pocahontas? Hahaha

Just kidding, Jane. Have a great weekend. :)

egm said...

you so need to continue wearing red lipstick! it looks fab!

Scoot said...

Awesome score on number 15!!!!