Friday, May 30, 2008

a lesson on dating vocabulary

my first period class are all boys. they're a great bunch. they come in, they sit. they work. everyone's happy. in between work we talk about , oh stuff. the other day they were talking about, oh girls. and then for some reason the conversation got to lil ol' me. they found out that i live by myself.




student 1 : but why?

me : because.

student 1 : BUT WHY? are you single?

me : oh, i've been married before

the rest just shrugged and someone else said " oh, i was about to say... you can't be single all this time..."



back to today. in one of our read and talk mornings, the subject went to the shore.

student 2 says he can't wait to to go down the shore so he can watch girls. i told him there weren't a lot of girls yet on the boardwalk.



student 2 : how do you know?

me : because.

student 2 : HOW?

me : because i'm down the shore most weekends.

others: why?

me : (oops) uhm, (in my faintest voice possible) my boyfriend lives there?





commotion.

student 1 : but you said yesterday that you were single.

me : i am.

student 2 : yo, miss you can't be single and have a boyfriend.

me : why not?

student 1 : you're just not. why do you say you are single?

me : uhm, because i'm not married and i live by myself.

student 3 : that just means you're independent.

me: okay...

student 1 : you're not single.

me: okay.

student 1 : do you like him?

me : duh, i guess so.

student 3 : miss then you are not single.

me : alright.

student : you're not, okay?

me : OKAY. grrr.





gee, this is more annoying than friendster's : "it's complicated."





btw : i am blogging this from my classroom. sigh. why is it not 3 pm yet?

1 comment:

Panaderos said...

I know it's rather complicated but you're not single, ok?? Get it??

Hahaha Your kids are funny. :)