Friday, May 2, 2008

patch up

it's a saturday afternoon and i haven't been out of my apartment to even see what's the temp outside. i have a massive headache, and now i know exactly what "throbbing" means.

because virginia, bad jane has decided to finally use the nicotine patch. yes, i am a guilty/semi closet smoker, and i would really really like to quit. i tried the nicotine gum and i almost threw up. this nasty headache and dizziness isn't much fun either.

well it is doing its job. what stupidass would smoke with a big headache anyway?

yesterday morning, one of my students noticed the patch (even though i made sure it was under the sleeve of my shirt). he blurted out that it must be a birth control patch.i denied it of course and it didn't take them long to figure out it's a nicotine patch.

the realization that hit them almost made me cry. he said he was disgusted by girls who smoke and that he was disappointed in me. another boy chimed in and said he would've never pegged me as a smoker, but he wishes that i would stop immediately.

i didn't even defend myself. they are right of course. i did tell them that at that point i would need their moral support than their reproach.

one of my boys gallantly defended me and told the two other to chill on bringing me down. we shook on it and made a promise that i would try my best to kick this habit and they would check up on me, and i am not supposed to lie.

man, if i had known, i could've save my money from the patch and bought a new pair of shoes instead.

ha.


but seriously dear reader, keep me in your prayers also.

1 comment:

Panaderos said...

I'll pray for you but I'll have those kids do the monitorinng for me to make sure you stay good. :)

Hehe I hope you're feeling a lot better today. Have a great weekend!