Saturday, May 3, 2008

my new guilty pleasures

i did it. i bought mariah carey's new album. the "touch my body single" and video are both addictive and cute. a few reviews i've read on the mags also made me take the plunge and buy mimi's cd.

never was a fan. my friend joycee liked her. lubs loves her. it took me quite a while to warm up to her, her being a diva and all. but the cd was worth the money.

oh and i also have alicia key's new album. that bought me bonus points from my kids. yesterday morning we were all crooning to her "teenage love affair" track on the top of our lungs, with my boys doing back up dancing. hilarious, i tell you.

just saw atonement on dvd and now i have this huge crush on james mcavoy.
i first noticed him on becoming jane. such a cutie! i guess i have a weakness for actors who look like they smell good and that clean cut look. (swooning). i also noted that he was the satyr on the chronicles of narnia. oh well, that's okay the geekette in me just finds him even more adorable. sigh. i never had this huge crush on an actor since my christian slater daze. ha!
on kikayness, thumbs up for dove's energy glow body lotion. it's got a subtle self tanner. what? me, use a self tanning lotion? not on purpose. they used to have the one that has no self tanner, but with a nice shimmer, but i can't find it in most of the drugstores i've checked out. anyway for our cruise, dove's energy glow fair to medium variant did well on my skin.
i will not trade the bodyshop's body butter, but it's a bit pricier now for $20 a tub.

for hair breakage, check out pantene pro v's breakage defense shampoo and conditioner. after a few uses i've already notice fewer hair strands on my comb after a shower.

my next big splurge would be bare minerals make-up. my friends rinelle,fanny, and lubs all swear by it. hmmm. i'll put my cigarette money on this fund.

last but the least, target's champion line of sporting clothes for women are very fresh. scored me a pair of running shorts and a matching top, both for a total of $20. the color, black with fuschia stripes of course.

that's it pansit. lemme go shake it to mariah's cd now....

noo-ni-noo-ni-noo

4 comments:

Panaderos said...

Shake it! Yeah!! Hahaha

sweelee said...

I too like James Mcavoy. I never thought he was really good looking until I watched atonement. If you liked him in atonement and becoming jane, you'll love him in The Last King of Scotland. He did an amazing job, and there's a scene with his bare bum in it. lol enjoy!

Scoot said...

I reached your blog while googling for James Mcavoy!! what a find ;)

Eeleen Lee said...

We all need our guilty pleasures, mine is cheesy '80s one-hit wonders.

James McAvoy! Phwooaaarrr!! I need a cold shower right now...