Monday, August 4, 2008

on a sunday afternoon

background music : on a sunday afternoon by a lighter shade of brown

yesterday was a picture perfect day in the city. i took full advantage of the beautiful weather and spent most of it in the city with Z.

we met up in port authority and made our made to times square church in time for the 3pm service. i always have a great time attending sunday service at TSC. the music is awesome and pastor neil rhodes is very engaging and humorous.

after church we made our way to greenpoint in brooklyn to have early dinner at
Krolewskie Jadlo or "king's feast"i don't really care much for tomato soup because i feel like i'm drinking spaghetti sauce, but this polish take on the tomato soup was very yummy -- it had rice in it, but not quite like tomato flavored lugaw. for entrees, Z had a polish platter which had pierogi, kielbasa and golabki. i had goulash in potato pancake. i think my entree was good enough for two people. it was very good. we washed our hearty dinner with a tall big icy mug of good ol’ polish beer, zywiec. here’s the funny thing about me and Z. We are both soft on drinking. Halfway through our mug, we were both buzzed. We both like beer or at least we like to try new beers once in a while, but we usually have a bottle to wash down food.

Buzzed and busog (full), we went to get dessert at riviera cafĂ© a few blocks north of king’s feast. I had a slice of their black forest cake and Z had raspberry and dark chocolate cake. I would’ve taken pictures of our food but shyness got the better of me. I became self-conscious that I was the only non-polish person in the pastry shop and the restaurant and I didn't’t want them to think that I am too touristy. we walked off some of the calories by taking a stroll in a nearby park and stayed there ‘til sunset. Then we took the train back to manhattan and back to our separate homes.

With camp ending this week, I look forward to more day trips in the city. I better get a new battery replacement for click so the kodak moments do not go to waste.I’m glad I took click with me yesterday. The last pics we took were from march. I am so excited to put a couple of pics in my already numerous picture frames scattered all over my apartment.

2 comments:

Mec said...

honga...dapat mas madaming pics!!! this is the time to pose and pose and pose.... pls, you're obviously very happy!!! :)

pinkfish said...

Lola I did left my comments on your multiply site and I will say it again here -
ang ganda ganda ng lola ko and I love your skin tone!