Monday, October 1, 2007

it's monday morning, and the shoewhore laments

music: sir psychosexy by rhcp


i want to sock murphy and his law. so here i am awake and ready to take calls for a subbing job and my home phone is mute. oh well, i can always use a day off to work in the apartment.

so on saturday, i went to j's house for a round of exercise. we went to johnson field in her town to walk on the track, for olivia had a soccer game. it was a beautiful day for the outdoors anyway, so we'll save tae-bo for the colder weather. i attempted to jog one round around the track and i did it! it was a killer, but i think i can alternate it with brisk walking. i figured one round is probably half a mile, so maybe i can jog two miles for starters.

yey, aeus, i think i just might start running soon! forget my abnormal obssession with the way i run. i don't care anymore. you see, being sakang, i've been a bit conscious about the way i run. i think i look a bit retarded running. with soccer, it's okay, the ball is right in front of me. with basketball too. playing point guard didn't bother my consciousness about the way i run too. all i thought while dribbling the ball was bitches better get out of my way or they'd get fouled or i'd get an offensive foul myself. tough shit.


but as usual, i digress.

i went online a few minutes ago in search of a pair of running shoes. i figured my puma sneakers won't be good enough for running -- the cushion won't do. so surf the net i did, young padawan. the force was not with me. ugly running shoes, found i did. but the force eludes me in my quest.


the running shoes i saw were just plain fugly. the shoewhore is upset. but she knows that she better take care of her feet because her mom had issues with hers due to poor cushioning. we don't want that, do we?


i am a brand loyalist, so i would prefer to get a pair of puma running shoes, but now i don't know, running shoes look like freaking speedboats, or some kind of amphibious vehicle. (roll your eyes here now)


i used to be a nike fan, but i switched over to puma and i think i'm staying with puma. nike shoes are expensive and honestly they do not look flattering to me. the last pair i owned were a cool pair of camo green ACGs, but i think they stopped making those.

anyway....

so, i'll keep my eyes open for a pair of not so fugly running shoes. what do you think of this one? this is the only one i kinda like so far.

9 comments:

egm said...

Welcome to running! It is a fab and I hope you get to enjoy it very much. I suggest you go and get yourself fitted for a pair. Everyone is different. You'd be surprised at how fascinating it can be to learn about your arches. Haha..On a serious note, it helps. Take a trip to a running store in your area. Check out http://coolrunning.com/links/ links and helpful articles. The best shoes out there need not be ugly. I'm big on New Balance & Saucony & Nike's for running. Puma has a few good ones but save the pairs for chilling. Btw, there are tons of cute running gear available!

=) Lubs

jane said...

tee-hee, why am i not surprised that you commented on this post? how was the weekend dear?

yes, i will, actually go to my running store in a couple of hours. yey, i think i might just enjoy running. i'll go get a pair of decent shoes, i've already got an mp3 player. i'll just hook me up with the cute gear one accessory at a time. maybe we can go jogging when i visit you next time? don't quote me on that yet.

pinkfish said...

I am not normally attracted to running shoes but hey this isnt so bad...palitan ko na ang aking new balance hehehe

jane said...

tiffy,
so does this mean you like this pair? well, from one shoe whore to another, this means a lot. you know what, come to think of it, i've always
liked the color combos and construction of new balance, matingnan nga.

Iggy said...

I had a pair of gray new balance all terrain shoes nung senior year sa collage na pinangtatakbo ko sa field sa LB, up and down the infirmary and around main lib. Ang tibay! They lasted me mga four years din. I had to retire them na nung tumutuklap na ang swelas.

jane said...

uy, sarap ng workout na yun ah. ang tibay nga, four years. i'll definitely look at new balance shusez. you see, my shoes are like my action figures, with TLC talaga yan. mabuti nga di ko pinapangalanan ang mga linstyak eh, haha

egm said...

Weekend was great. lots to do as mom is still here. she's leaving next week.

We will go running the next time you visit!

jane said...

i should give tita a call before she leaves.

shet, di kaya ako mapasubo kapag nag-running running tayo on my next visit?

sige, game. basta don't expect much from me ha?

egm said...

napaiyak siya sa blog post mo about her. it was very touching. =)