Wednesday, October 3, 2007

a lame pick-up line, and a day full of treats, sort of.

music : are you diggin on me? by joss stone


yippee, i got home "early" today.

the teacher i subbed for teaches 5th grade dual language so for today, i'm a professora. the class was very good, i must say. much tamer than yesterday's kindergartners. i had a boy named jesus, though. and i can't help but chuckle everytime i tell him to concentrate on his work and stop minding everybody else's business.

me : jesus, stop talking and mind your own business.
jesus, will you please be quiet? really.


yeah, it sounded perversely funny like that.


dual language classes are quite cool, but i must say i really need to learn a lot more spanish words. i tried reading a chapter on the chinook indians in the spanish history textbook. i think i understood only 20% of what i read. oh well.


i had two free periods today so i took the opportunity to go down to the local panera for lunch. i'ts been a while since i had their chicken tomesto sandwich. i also wanted to try moonshine's recommended drink, the chai latte. i got mine iced. it was yummy, but next time, i'll ask them to go easy on the sugar. so anyway, the cashier at panera was in flirt mode so he decided to hit on this hungry chick. i don't usually make small talk with clerks (unless, they're comic store/toy store clerks) but i'm no snob so i was polite. cheeky bastard asked me the usual questions, am i on break from work or school?
oh, you're substitute teacher?
how are the kids treating you?
i'd like to be in your class
,

ladida-dida. so in my head i was, oh come on dude, all i want is to get my sandwich.
then when i handed him my money he just came up with "is it hot outside as well, coz it's hot in here. maybe because you're here."

no he didn't.
unfortunately, he did.

thank goodness jane did not laugh at his face. joffin just turned around and went straight to the bathroom, i didn't know who to feel embarrassed for, the guy or myself. i would've just walked out the back door but i had to wait for my sandwich, dammit. i just avoided the poor bloke.

that was just so lame.

note to self. stay away from the panera of that city.


back to the hall of justice...


so lately i've been telling my close friends about a minor inconvenience. lubs and richard said to buy toys. so i did.

i went to KB toys.


and look at what i got...



a new addition to my collection -- lady deathstrike. tee-hee. now i have to fish wolverine out of my toy box so she and he can duke it out. fun. fun.

i also got this



sweet huh? this'll do until i get my hands on the optimus prime convertible toy that matt talked about when we went apple picking. gotta have that. gotsa. gotsa.gotsta.


then i headed off to the public library to meet up with lynn, my librarian friend. yes, i am a librarian groupie. anyway, she tipped me off to two new books....



this is a twisted tale of twin taxidermists who stuffed their mom when she died.




and this one won the prince award.



to finish off my afternoon, i got me a venti




since j called for me to come in early and i can't drive all the way to mitsuwa for my green tea ice cream.

i tortured olivia for three hours today. i must say, it's been a great day of goodies.

it's back to the liquor store for me tomorrow after a run with j.she said she wants to run now too. great.


noo-ni-noo-ni-noo.

No comments: