Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the day after

music : cruise control by mariah carey


and so it goes, i spent my first two days being 32 and it was ... oh well A-okay. i went to work as usual yesterday. most of the kids didn't show up in class, a few said their greetings. a few scored some candy. we saw some of the last few scenes of "freedom writers."

did some paperwork then headed home. Z made it to my place 10 minutes after. we had lunch at bennie's, my fave middle eastern resto in our neighborhood. shawarma time! got back home, dressed up for church and got in the bus to the city.

the service was excellent. a guest pastor, pastor gary wilkerson graced the occassion. he was very funny. i felt very fulfilled mass. 'm glad they had a tuesday service and even more glad that my birthday fell on a tuesday this year.

then it was home again.

today we had brunch with charly. i was excited and nervous because this is the first real meeting between ze bespren and ze boypren. of course i wanted moonshine to meet Z and tell me what she thinks of him and give me some sort of analysis. i was nervous because Z is a bit shy and moonshine can also be a bit shy sometimes.

but brunch was perfect. charly seemed comfortable talking with Z and Z was his usual smiling , eye-rolling self. i left the two a couple of times for my requisite pee breaks and everytime i came back they were both talking.

to the park we went after brunch to take jack for a spin. well, technically for my biking lessons.

success, ladies and gents! i was able to pedal jack around. i was properly geared thanks to my safety-conscious instructor who insisted that i wear a helmet even though i looked like the green goblin's sidekick or a praying mantis (richard's observation). biking teacher also wanted me to wear knee pads. good thing my local target didn't sell those, tee-hee. anyway, i am still a bit panicky around other cyclists and it seemed that i have an abnormal predisposition to crash into oncoming cyclists so i am supposed to take a couple more lessons before i can take jack on the streets.

wish me luck on conquering my fear of speed and panic attacks in the company of other cyclists.


post brunch review (three hours later via phone) the moonshine likes czech boy and gives him the thumbs up. and jane is very very happy.






No comments: