Sunday, June 1, 2008

another sunday morning

background music : middle of my life by sun 60

it has been a quiet weekend. mostly boring, but the calm and idleness is well-deserved given tomorrow will be the start of another school week.

our high school students are becoming more and more restless. more fights. more kids being sent to detention. less work from them, ladidadida.

yesterday afternoon i watched the film coach carter. it's one of those inspiring films. i got a bit teary eyed at one point. somehow the players on that basketball team reminded me of some of my students in our school basketball team. if only i can inspire and change them coach carter style.


chocnut and s both called me while i was at target yesterday. i feel comforted that given the latest news about work, they both encouraged me to move forward and give this teaching position for another year.

there must be reason why they want me to stay.

and as always, i look up to the sky and say "i don't know why, but i know You got my back on this."


it's june already. like my kids i am countind down the days 'til school is officially over.

tomorrow, my brother JP will celebrate his 31st birthday.

and pretty soon, i'll be 32.

maaaan.


3 comments:

Panaderos said...

Regarding your job, I agree with your buddies. Give your current teaching position another year and see where it might lead you. Best of luck. You'll do just fine. :)

Panaderos said...

Advanced Happy Birthday pala. :D Hindi pala tayo nagkakalayo. Bwahahahaha!

Mec said...

kakakilig diba...


Miss, you are not single!!!


and you have got to be the most glowing 32 year old ever.... iba talaga ang nagagawa ng pag-ibig :D