Saturday, June 14, 2008

(hopefully) new adventures

the other night, i went out with my librarian friend lynn to finally catch up on things. we had a cup of coffee at the newly opened neighborhood bakery. i ordered and tasted my first ever red velvet cake.

i didn't like it.

give me mernel's chocolate cake anytime.

or cappucino's tiramisu.

i found out that lynn takes belly dancing classes at the community high school. i was interested of course.

never mind that my arms and legs are not friends. the only time these two work in harmony is when i played basketball in high school and college.

never mind that i really can't dance. amy has a term for what we do. we chair dance. never mind that my body is not pliable nor graceful at all.

so anyway, i went to lynn's class to inquire for a possible spot in the summer session which starts in july 10. it's a one hour once a week class for six weeks. i'm excited. i did warm my gorgeous teacher that i can't dance. she laughed and told me she'll have me grooving in no time.

i asked my good friend cleo to join me, she's as excited as i am...


my next adventure involves a new younger guy.

jack.

jack is my new 24" magna mountain bike.


i don't want to take a picture of him yet because as usual, my apartment's a mess. but he's actually colored lilac. Z and I bought jack at his local target store. jack has been gathering dust in my living room because Z made me promise to wait for him so i can have my lessons again. he's scared i might hurt myself. awww, sweet right? the bad girl in me wants to take jack out for a ride, but the idea of a scraped knee or a mild concussion has stopped me enough. soft.


the plan is to get me on the bike so i can ride to summer camp as much as i can. wow, pretty tall order considering my camp is on the hill. good luck.

i'll tell you how the biking lessons go.

i'll be a year older in two days.

man.


3 comments:

allthingsconsidered said...

haha, i just bought a mountain bike too! and despite the bike geeks at the store shaming me out of buying a girly bike, i ended up with one in green and gold and a lot of flourish.

i'll post pics eventually. trying to revive the blog. trying being the operative word.

Panaderos said...

Happy Birthday!! Greetings from Anaheim, CA.

May you have many more Happy and Blessed Birthdays to come! Cheers!!

Anna said...

We've been doing some biking since the weather changed. Check out these photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ksuayan/sets/72157605422042636/