Friday, June 20, 2008

friday night with the foleys

i met up with good friend and college sis Sandy after two years. i had no idea she was so close to me and that her plans of studying her pushed through. not that i doubted that she would have a hard getting into NYU anyway. it was a sweet reunion punctuated by her signature "aww, ay punyeta!" many of my gurgling laughter.

Smart,talented, funny and very very hard core sincere person,Sandy is one of those girlfriends who always gives you a dose of happiness and contentment without even trying. it's always a pleasant experience hanging out with her.

I visited their very neat, organized and relaxing home in the upper west side. she insisted i used their bathroom because she labored the entire morning to clean it up for my benefit. tee-hee. i remarked at how well-kept their apartment looked and Eric said when he got home and noticed that Sandy cleaned up, it seemed like his mom was paying them a visit. i told Sandy her work of love just put my apartment to shame. my home looks like our org house in catalan compound circa mid 90s.


We had dinner at their fave thai resto. dinner was delish! thanks guys. After dinner Sandy and i grabbed a cup of joe and proceeded to the campus of Columbia University.

Wowness.

Columbia U's campus was breathtaking. Sandy and I luaghed hysterically when I noted that it seemed like we were in UPLB humanities steps all over again. We chose a spot on the grass and we concurred that it was our version of hanging out at baker field. what made it even complete was the occasional rounds of the campus security, to which i said to Sandy, "uy, pigoy!"

And so, in a couple of hours, we tried the cram two years worth of catching up, mostly on my stories because Sandy insisted on that first. I'll get her next time.

on a bit of a sad note, the Foleys are off to a European adventure in the next two years. Sigh. And i only caught up with them now.

Sad as i may, i know Sandy and I will always keep in touch.

After coffee, I took a cab back to the bus terminal and went home.

Meeting up with the foleys was a great heartwarming experience. it always makes me feel happy to see my friends find love, joy and contentment with another person. sandy and eric are perfect for each other. and no, i did not get paid for writing this.

so sandy, if you are reading this, when's our next date?




No comments: