Thursday, August 23, 2007

baby you can drive my car

background music : ovedrdrive by the eraserheads


i have a total of 4 hours of sleep in the past 24 hours. i am running on diet pepsi and dunkin donuts toasted almond coffee (with milk, no sugar - warm, not hot). my knees are shaking, my fingers can't stop fiddling with this keyboard and my eyes are killing me.

i went to a job interview today. the school where i have to be interviewed is located 24 miles away from where i live. this already FAR for me. 24 miles is my weekly mileage with bruce. i was very nervous about this trip because i am scared shitless of driving the highway. i was so nervous, i woke up at 4 am this morning. by 4:30 i was already at dunkin donuts for coffee - half caf of course for i didn't want a bumbling nervous wreck behind the wheel. and so by 7am, i said my prayers and head off to the picturesque NJ turnpike. i bought a nuvi 200 to help me get around. it was pretty good considering i got to my destination in 40 minutes. this GPS navigator charly and i baptized amy is more annoying than my old palm pilot tomtom GPS navigator called lori.

the drive was pretty okay, though the ramps and the gigantic trucks terrified me. the toll gate experience was not so bad either.

i'm slowly coming to terms to my fear of driving the highways. next weekend i'm off to a 4 hour drive to Maryland. We'll see how that goes. But, with good weather (i hope), great music, amy and bruce almighty at my side, i'm looking forward to an awesome roadtrip.

No comments: