Thursday, August 2, 2007

bringing sexy back

background music : wind it up by gwen stefani


summer camp is almost over. the pressure is on. i have pushed back packing and sorting through my material possessions for as long as i had camp, and now that camp is over by tomorrow, i have no choice but to face the horcruxes of my not so distant past.

i had my first date in 16 years. the experience was euphoric. i was exhilirated by the whole experience of talking and having a great time with another person. i asked out m again, but i have not heard from him. oh well. the first date was something i will not forget for a while.

almost immediately after m, i spoke to d. the circumstances of how we talked was quite weird to me. but in the spirit of "fuck it, go for it" i forged on and spent several hours talking on the phone with this guy. i felt as giddy as i did with date number 1. the things we have in common were disarming. he sounded very nice.

how did the experiences of the past couple of weeks affect me? let me humor you.

1) i waltzed into target:
bought a set of lace underwear for maximum lift and separate. in doing so i realized that manufacturers made underwear in different colors to match top and bottom.

2) almost finished upgrading my underwear of mostly bland cotton panties and bras with black lace little things. i will hold a bonfire to lay to rest my cotton so-en panties and ridiculously juvenile (which i thought back then was cute) superhero boyleg panties. i am a superwoman and i don't need a pair of cotton panties to prove it.

3) bought a new pair of jeans a size smaller, and then bought another pair a size even smaller.

4) i think my girly self is coming out of my sensible, overthinking self.

5) for sleepwear, i have retired my oversized t-shirts and sporty shorts and upgraded them with black cotton chemises. i have come to the conclusion that sleeping sexy is better than sleeping blah.

6) replaced my freshly cut grass clean bodyshop minteva scent with the bodyshop's sexier scent called chymara.

7) walk with a spring in my step and smile unconsciously, much to the amusement of the clerks at the local dunkin donuts.

8) play gwen stefani's latest cd in bruce's sound system and bounce to track called "yummy"


because yes, i'm feelin yummy head to toe.

can somebody please restrain me when i get meself a whip?
purrr.

1 comment:

Iggy said...

It was nice to talk to you! Go lang ng go. :) Nakakakilig ang kwento mo! Am happy that you are in the process of rediscovering yourself and your previously concealed superhero sexy powers (hehehe odiba?!)