Saturday, August 18, 2007

Me and my f*** me pumps


background music : F me pumps by amy winehouse


i'm going out on a date in a couple of week's time. this is going to be my second date in 16 years. i feel as excited as the first time i went to the prom with a date.
i have a laundry list of things to do in preparation for this event, and the star of this whole production is none other than my first pair of high heels. my chocnut richard baptized it my "f*** me pumps". while laughing with him on the phone, he prompted me to tune in to amy winehouse's video of the same title. it was a trip.

being just a little bit above 5 feet sucks. i always get frustrated when i shop for greceries because i have to ask people to reach stuff for me. several times in the school cafeteria, the lunch lady yelled at me, thinking i was one of the obnoxious 6th grade girls. when i went out with date#1 i felt like a midget. he was 6'2", i barely reached his shoulders. but it felt great standing next to a tall guy. i felt protected. i felt cute.

my girlfriend eva, the makeover queen, convinced me to buy a pair of heels for jeans. she said (with nikki's approval) that wearing high heels with jeans changes everything. it makes your ba-dunk-kadunk and twins stick out. they were right of course. when i put on these shoes which i have baptized amy (for that crackwhore winehouse who richard and i both love) in the shoe salon, i heard aerosmith's "walk this way" in my head. true, my fear of heights came back. i felt like i was on the empire state building. but man, they did make me feel sexay!

i don't know about most women, but i usually plan my outfits around shoes. for amy, i have purchased my first pair of joe's jeans which i am breaking in as i type this post. they feel a little snug right now. but a reliable source told me that i should feel snug in them in the first few days. it will contour to my body just fine after breaking them in a few days.

i have three tops to choose from. i have the perfect lipstick. the eye make-up i'm playing with, and the accessories are pretty much set.

let's just hope the date is also a perfect fit with me and my f*** me pumps.

No comments: