Saturday, April 12, 2008

a premature ode to my blue jeans

background music: "come together" by joe cocker from motion picture soundtrack of across the universe

warning : this is one of them mindless posts. skip if you have something better to do .


i've a love affair with denim jeans since i hit freshman high school when we can wear "civilian" clothes every friday for school. heck, 11 years of wearing school uniforms, i swore i would never wear a skirt when i get to college.

and i don't think i ever wore a skirt to class in college, until graduation.

you probably have that one pair that you love. the one that looks good on you no matter what top you wear. i've had two other fave jeans of past. one pair i got from my friend PJ as a present from the US. it was a faded button fly gap jeans that i wore until i couldn't fit into them. the other one, a pair of moonwash black levis jeans,of the 90's grunge era. i wore them jeans everyday in college. my friend "slouch" had a pair he wore almost 24/7 in college. we used to tease him that his jeans can stand on its own because he never washes them. gritty.

i have five pairs of blue jeans that fit me, but there's this one pair that i just love. i got it summer of last year. my friends ria, lubsi, and candy encouraged me to invest on a pair of expensive jeans because they really fit better. as i was looking for that perfect pair, i went through about 4 other pairs from old navy. moonshine's face was a keeper because she said i've had about spent as much on pair of designer jeans with my three or four pairs from old navy.she's right of course.

and then i hooked up with joe's.   this is taken from their website (of course, my hands are not gnarly like that, tee-hee) .  this is their provocateur  fit especially made  for  short women like moi. 

it was a heavenly match i tell you. it was worth every single penny. i wore my joe's on my first date and my first road trip, and all the road trips after that. it was my own personal tape measure to record my little triumphs at losing weight. it's a bit loose now, slouchy if you may, and frayed at the hem, but i still wear it as much as i can

then one day, in one of my numerous pee breaks, i discovered that my joe's had suffered a major lesion on the left thigh area. so much for distressed wash. i'm distressed! oh no! is this the end? call modista 911!

my local modista stitched joe up and we were quite happy for a couple of months. until last weekend.

my favorite pair is undergoing surgery again. i was blushing when i promised my modista that this will be last time i'm bringing them in. if my jeans rip again, i'll have a funeral for it.

meanwhile, my four other pairs are happy to be taken out of the closet.



2 comments:

Panaderos said...

I love jeans! Too bad that at work, I have to come in a business suit 3 days a week. :( I used to wear jeans all the time at my old job. They're just so functional and so comfortable.

This is off topic but I just want to get this rant out: As for the guy who came up with the idea that men should wear ties, I hope he's burning in hell right now. :)

Have a great weekend, Jane!

jane said...

"As for the guy who came up with the idea that men should wear ties, I hope he's burning in hell right now. :)"

-watch he's being strangled with his own tie, that's his eternal torment in hell.

we're pretty much laid back in the high school that a couple of times we were able to get away with wearing jeans. it's my students who always have something to say about the dress code when we wear jeans.