Wednesday, June 17, 2009

33



I turned 33 today. and like birthdays past, I spent a few minutes thinking of my mother. at how things were with her life when she was my age. it always amazes me how simlilar and different we are. at 33, she has three kids aged 16, 15, and 11. She was a single mom earning a living for 3 kids.

as for me, i am thousands of miles away from my mom and brothers. this is my 8th birthday away from them, and although it gets easy, there is till a part of me that wishes i can spend my day with them.

enough of the drama, for this is a day of thanksgiving to God. I am so blessed to be here, year 33, alive, fighting the fight and living with more love for everyone. this birthday is more special because I am in the middle (or 3/4, rather) of my master's degree program, I am engaged to my mahal, and most of all, I am saved.


I went out to lunch with my tutees today. They are an important part of my life. They teach me as much as I teach them. Indeed, the Lord has blessed me with them, because I get to experience the joy of being like a parent to them. I am so proud of them.

2 comments:

mapet said...

happy birthday joffin! i'm glad everything worked out for you! here's to more years of being alive alive and fighting. cheers! :)

jbb said...

Happy BD, joffin. I've only been away from my family for a year who are all on the West Coast. For Easter and other family gatherings I've had my brother bring his macbook and we talk on the phone while we look at each other in video iChat (I use the phone 'cause it's less noisy and keeps the non-techies from getting too freaked out about talking over a computer). Even the video is not in sync, it's so much better than just the phone call 'cause it feels like I'm more there than a side conversation. I hope you had a great birthday.