Monday, June 29, 2009

oh the drama

there are times when i can do with a little drama, and then of course there are times when I wish I can be spared of it.

a few days ago, i have been approached by my co-teachers about my transfer back to the middle school. when they asked me how i felt about being transferred, i said, it was okay, it was like coming back home. i'm not overjoyed and leaping and dancing, but i welcome the idea of going back to a place that has made me a better teacher. i am glad to return to a family of not just co-workers, but also friends.

it did not occur to me that most of my coworkers at the HS would think that i requested the transfer.

i didn't.


my transfer back to the MS meant that someone from the MS would have to be transferred to the SH to cover my position. this teacher was not so happy with this change/transfer. she was upset.

i didn't understand why she was upset. but then again, when i got the job two years ago, wasn't too excited either. what baffled me about her reaction was the fact that she is a more experienced teacher than me. i did't think i had anything to tell her that she didn't already know.


i wish her and my kids the best.

in the world of possibility, this may be a whole new world of wonderful adventures.

1 comment:

jbb said...

yeah, who needs the drama. people who are unhappy or uncertain in life often seem to spread their unhappiness. I'm glad that I'm lucky enough to work with people who know how fortunate we are and appreciate what we have. It's not perfect, but we can come from a place of gratitude and thankfulness instead of need. :-D