Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stick-'em!

Last night, the numero uno team chupacabras prime and our dear instructor for MAC got together last night for a session in skype and stickam.

We are so high-tech, I feel like a Jetson, I kid you not!

It never fails to bring me joy and excitemetn to talk about technology and its application to my everyday life and in the classroom, I really feel like a walking talking advertisement for FSO. I know it tickels the socks off of my mom when I tell her about a nerw thing I've learned in school, or a new gadget. Part of it is excitement and the other half is the joy, that there is something I can share with my mom, or teach her. Every now and then I would call her up when I have a grammar4 question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Thank goodness for international calling and the popularity of mobile phones in the Philippines.

Anyway, so the gang and Mr. Joe shared inisghts and of course a few laughs on some of the week's topics. i got kicked out a few times and managed to get back in live, a few minutes before we ended our session. Thank goodness we were on skype so I can still gen into the conversation as I tried to log in 48 million times.

Stickam still has a lot of glitches, but hey, it's free. I know pretty soon the web 2.0 community will come up with a fortified and more nutritious version.

I'm thinking of recommending stickam to my former students in the Philippines who are trying to organize their 10th year reunion. They have met on a conference chat via yahoo messenger. Although I am a loyal YM user,I can alreasy foresee the chaos of having 17 twenty somethings trying to group chat purely by text.

I told them to take advil 30 minutes before the conference.

I initally thoughtof Wimba, but then again, it's not a free program.

So thanks, Mr. Joe B, for introducing us to stickam.

1 comment:

jbb said...

It's so fun to see y'all when we're in class... and also when the tech poops on itself. Ha!