Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Neil Gaiman-topia

I am a huge Neil Gaiman fan. my favorite book is American Gods. As soon as I finished the book, I became obsessed with the idea of putting up my dream cast for the movie version that I wish they would make. Of course there is no movie version. Yet. I am hopeful that some Hollywood execs might pick it up and make thousands of fan like moi, very mvery happy.


The premise of AMerican Gods is quite similar to another Brit great, Douglas Adams' Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. The only twist is, Ragnarok in Gaiman's novel take place between the old gods of ancient mythology and the new "American" gods such as Money, Technology, Media, etc.


I'm gonna sopt before I drool on my mom's netbook.

Anyway, as I was re-reading my favorite book I am already forming a dream team in my head. Shadow can be played by The Rock, his cheating wife can be played by Renee Zellweger. Johnny Depp can play the role of Wednesday (Odin) . Eminem can be a deity of television or MTV.


It is indeed an amazing and sometimes mind blowing thing to really absorb how many books are published each year. SO many books, so little time. And not much money to create film versions of the books. sigh.

I am still hoping for American Gods on the big screen. I'm hoping it's the real, old school hollywood movie without too much CGI, but any attempt will do.

Any takers?

No comments: