Sunday, June 28, 2009

Here's Showing you what I Know

Wow, This is it, the last day. Unbelievable. No bull, I didn't think I would like this course as much as I do. I love this course, I've learned so much about different aspects of Media Presentation, and I am embarrassed to say that I haven't even seen all of the tech advice my teacher has prepared for us. No excuses, Sir B. I do want to take your course, (I mean audit it) because I think I want to learn more so I can share more with my kids.


In terms of my final media project, I am still undecided as to which media I will use. I have learned though that thoughtful planning and insightful thinking are both beneficial for a good choice. I am comfy with making slide show with audio, but is that the best medium for mt thesis presentation. I'm still not sure.


Here's what I know though. Technology, or media presentation tools in particular have been created to make the teaching and learning experience mire dynamic and engaging. This generation of students are more challenging to engage, and it is up to us, to keep up their interest. It is our responsibility to give them our best so that we can cultivate the best in them. (yes, this is still, no bull doodoo).



I have my first day of camp tomorrow, and I still have last day of school, as in my work, so I can't make it to my first class in camp. I could have easily just asked for a substitute and give my kids some busy work until I can meet them on Tuesday.
BUT...

I want them to feel that I am thinking about them, and I am excited about learning with them.


Paper or plastic"

Eerr, I mean a letter or something else?


I got on my trusty Mac and recorded a laughable video of me talking to them since I can't be with them live.



I used Keynote, got some images off the nest and pasted their URLs, and voila, uploaded it on YouTube.

And oh, this is also to show my latest action figure.


Of course I could've made an a longer video, but then I had to stop myself and assess the situation. I just want to introduce them to the course. That 3 minute video is actually long and cold be edited, now that I think about it, but then there's tomorrow, and the next day and that gives me time to think of exploring other media to use in class.


I'm thinking of trying Mr. Smith's top picks of free 3D animation software for my class. I'm so excited, I'm so excited!!!!


Thanks Mr. B, for giving us some direction to make our presentation skills better, and more organized (crossing my fingers on that).

1 comment:

jbb said...

Boy, where do I sign up for the super-heroes course? That's always a great sign when I see someone's course intro is this impulse to sign up. Great job.