Tuesday, September 18, 2007

bedmates

the past few days have been brutal to my body. i wake up in the morning and i am hurting all over. thanks soccer practice. thanks tae-bo.

i felt i have not met my quota of number of words read in a day the past few months. i haven't been reading in my usual pace. us usual, ze bed is cluttered with books, keeping me warm and entertaining me until i fall asleep. many a times i've woken to a sharp pain on my face, back wherever. damn those hardbound books!
but here are some new reads that i highly recommend. these, btw were passed on by my friends. ahh, lucky me. if not for them i'd probably have bad taste and be a dimwit. here goes folks....



Best New YA cool character : Skullduggery Pleasant



a skeleton detective in a sharp suit? winner!



Best New Graphic Series Novel next to my fave, Fables : The Walking Dead



Okay, this GN is not something i would normally pick out from Midtown Comics. this zombie infested psychological odyssey is definitely one of the most engaging reads i've had in a while. Rick Grimes is the epitome of the modern day hero who tries desperately to keep things together despite the gloomy and apocalyptic circumstances.
i can't wait to read the rest of this series. well worth it, you guys.


Best New Suited Hero : The Madman Oddity Odyssey



This is freaking hysterical -- a yoyo wielding oddball in a mask and suit certainly makes him a new crush of mine. Frank Einstein ( a clever wordplay, because he is a modern day frankenstein) is someone I'd like to hang out with on Halloween, or any given day. And this guy's got the moves too.


So while I wait for Bigby, Percy Jackson and Neil Gaiman to come up with new reads, I think I'll read up more on these guys.

Thanks Richard and D.

No comments: