Wednesday, September 26, 2007

first day at work

background music : stand by R.E.M.


i made it through my first day. hip freakin' hooray. today is day 2. noo-ni-noo-ni-noo. yesterday i left my apartment at 7:45. i didn't make it home until about 8:15pm. man, i sure wish this is not my daily schedule. here were yesterday's highlights

1. j and really intent on making me her exercise biatch. we power walked down and up the cliffs in record time yesterday. we worked out from 8:30 am 'til 10 am. dang! why do i have to suffer?! i can lose weight on my own.

2. halmoni (j's housekeeper and cook) insists that i do not love her as much because i refuse to eat her special korean rice.


3. i love that i can wear jeans to work.

4. i love that i can wear my pumas to work.

5. need to remember to wear longish tops because i've been bending a lot to refill the bottom shelves.

6. brush up on my spanish. most of my coworkers in the floor are dominicans. nice bunch of peeps.


7. no matter where i go, some people can really peg me as asian. i took a leisurely stroll on the block of my new hood, minding my own business and a bunch fuckwits decide to be funny and said 5 of my hated words "me love you long time."
argh!!! and i thought i looked inconspicuous. i thought, hey you know, i'm the right shade of brown, right hair color, more or less the same build (okay maybe not). ah whatever. i decided to just let it go. i was too stunned to react. something tells me i better befriend the stock boys so i can have muscle in this neighborhood.


8. i wear a maroon apron while working.the only apron i like to wear is mine. it's black and it says kitchen bitch on it. oh well, it could be worse . i could be wearing a fugly hat. ewww.

9. my manager said i'm smart. (really? then why did i quit my job?!) only 6 hours into the job, she quizzed me all day long about where i can find the different liquor in the store. today, she said, we're going to learn about wine.

10. i get 20% off as an employee.

11. standing most of the 6 hours is not fun.

12. always bring a bottle of scented hand sanitizer. money is dirty.

13. i sure can write a lot of stories just meeting the crazy people who walk in and out of the store.



today, i'm going to try to do my laundry before i head off to exercise with j. so much for being an idiot. now i know i really love teaching. give me them snotty, potty mouthed and gramatically challenged children anytime. please.

No comments: