Monday, September 24, 2007

my favorite tita


dear tita norma,

i just back home an hour and a half ago. i wolfed down your yummy ham and brie cheese sandwich. my you made a mighty hefty pabaon for me! the works! i even have a slice of pound cake in there. tsk tsk tsk. you spoil me too much.

i thoroughly enjoyed spending the weekend with you, lubs, ron and petulia. it was just like old times. only now we are not back in sierra madre in umali subdivision. we hung out in ron and lubs' house in nutcracker lane.

you know tita, spending time with you has really lit my heart. funny how things just fall into place. i have not seen you in two years, and two years seemed like such a long time. yet, you are still the same caring, lighthearted and generous aunt/mom that i've known. thank you for thinking of me with regards to a possible employment opportunity. thank you for bringing me to the sunday service in your church. thank you for sharing your wonderful family with me. you must be very proud of lubs. she has turned out to be such an amazing woman, with a heart as big as yours. i am very proud of her too, and i am not lucky, i am blessed with friends like her.


you shocked me three times with three words that escaped your mouth. ah, well, times change after all.

thanks so much for the pretty pearl jewelry that you gave me. i felt like it's early christmas with all your gifts. someday, soon i hope to visit you in los banos, maybe you, me and my mom can have a night out in town and we can laugh all we want.

i will call up my mom so you two can get together when you get back home. when you see her, please hug her tightly for me, and tell her i am going to be fine.

i am proud to say lubs and i take after our mothers. with all your love and support, we're both going to be more than just fine, we're fabulous!


your loving pseudo daughter,


jop

No comments: