Thursday, September 13, 2007

the night durga got her ass whooped

background music : one angry dwarf by ben fold's five

my morning began normally enough. by 8 am i was at j's front step to pick her up for an hour's walk down and up this park...





j had her torturing session which was quite long for me, i got back to the apartment by 12:30. took a nap at around 2, woke up at 5, tidied up a bit, showered and geared up to go meet up with the soccer crew.

jersey roads are so poorly lit. even with glasses on i had a hard time driving to the park. good thing gps amy was handy. i ignored her instructions anyway. took one wrong turn, but made it to the park by 8:10 just as the kiddie league was wrapping up their practice.

the field was beautiful , astro turf baby!





so anyway, coach ernie's team seem to be really serious. i was nervous of course. it's been what, 16 years since i played soccer, and now i remember why i stopped. oh, yeah, i suck at it.

half the time stupid me was switching between basketball and soccer mode. i keep running after the ball with my hands and trying to catch the ball with my arms. sigh. see, if this was a basketball practice i wouldn't have such a horrible time. the only problem is -- i am too short. well, at least in this side of the world.


okay fine, i wasn't that bad, but 45 minutes into drills, i was done. i didn't even wait for the scrimmage. i had to go before i have a heart attack. but that work out was very good though, i dunno if it was the bodyshop's peach body butter dripping down my back or grease, i mean oil, i mean sweat. i think i might come back for more next week, or i might try to find another team closer to my town. the 30 minute drive at 10 pm kinda unsettles me.

this is my after half-practice shot. lookit my dork gear...



let's see how much it'll hurt to get out of bed tomorrow....


p.s.

the online purchase came in the mail today. screeeeeeeee!!!! happy happy joy joy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get that bag???????

Sleep well tonight moonshine! Take a nice muscle relaxing bath.

jane said...

moonshine,
i got that bag around 4 years ago, at amazing savings. i had gotten a lot of HP school and gym bags there to send to my cousins and godchildren.

i kept this one for myself. cuteness no?